
1 year later. Still missing a back molar. Fully recovered from the traumatic surgeries. Here's the story:
Yesterday I went to my regular dentist because I'm finally 100% ready to get my crown on the implant I had done. Don't make fun of me, I am missing a tooth! (Luckily it's in the back!)
I sit in the chair, already nervous and I haven't even had to open my mouth yet! The assistant comes over and says, "OK, so did they tell you what your co-pay was?" I respond, "No, they didn't." She then replies, "Well for the crown on the implant today it will be $1,901.00."
(gulp) "WHAT?! $1900.00? Are you sure? For a crown? I've never paid that much? Is that with insurance?" ...... She then has to stab me even harder, "Oh, no. Insurance doesn't cover ANY of this."
With my heart racing I think to myself how in the world is a tiny porcelain piece this much. I might as well go buy a collection of porcelain dolls for this much. Then I think, "Hey, I can be hill-billy and live without this tooth. It's kind of cool and edgy." Instead, I call the husband and he tells me just to put it on the credit card, which I did NOT want to do at all.
In walks the dentist. Like word vomit it came up again, "This is another reason I hate the dentist! You guys are so expensive." Oops. But, it's true!! This is the second time the phrase "I hate the dentist" has come out of my mouth in that office. I'm sure my file looks awesome, and marked in red.
So, needless to say, $5,000.00 later I will have cadaver bone grafted in my jaw, a metal rod, and a pretty shiny porcelain crown. Good gravy. Please let this be over!

8 comments:
My heck!! That much..??? I would have puked in their face and ran out the door... Be glad it is in the back and not like myself... I have one of my "K-9" teeth missing.. so I'm a hill billie too :[ Just worse than you!! I need to get this done, but WOW-ZErs... Too flippin' much...
He he, "good gravy" -didn't they say that like back in the 50's?
I think I would be okay without my back molars. I mean, gee willickers, what do you even use those for?
You should have married a dentist and all your problems would have gone away.
I love getting my teeth cleaned but I hate how much the dentist cost too. Chris had to get a root canal this week, we knew the dentist and he gave us a deal but it was still almost 2,000 dollars...we have health insurance but it does not cover dental....aahhh I know it sucks to pay that much for something so little! STUPID!
Girl, you know I hilly billy it! My plan was alwas to get an implant when I married a rich man. For now I just flash my hillbilly smile, sticking my tongue in the hole! LOL Sigh, it makes me think of my grand mammy!
HA! I'm so trailor park! You still love me right?!
What the!? That's crazy and I'm SOOO sorry. You are at the end though...you can do it.
Sounds like you and I should have gone into business together as dentistas. We'd be rollin' in the dough. We can go get a cupcake if it makes you feel better.
Girl I have never heard of anyone having such bad luck at the dentist. Sucks to be you!
Haha...I'm sorry, but I loved reading about your experience. Similar thing happened to me, luckily Bishop Robinson cut me a sweet deal...helps to have hook-ups. :) Hope you're smile looks amazing!
Post a Comment