I debated about posting anything about Tyler's Mom undergoing Chemo for awhile; However, through all of this I have realized that she is truly one of the most incredible people I know. I am so lucky and fortunate to have a mother-in-law that is such an inspiration and a trooper through everything...especially the hard times.
Linda first had a long surgery, removing a softball-sized growth in her lower abdomen, which meant also removing all of her female organs. They tested the growth-luckily non-cancerous. Due to the size and where it was positioned, the doctors decided to test all the surrounding tissues. First results came back clear! We were ecstatic! Then time came to go for a check-up. Apparently the physician's assistant had read the chart incorrectly. She DID need to have chemo. Although it was an early stage 2, there were still small cells that were cancerous. Upset and frustrated as the rest of the family was, Linda was calm and collected, knowing that this is what needed to be done.
She has had her first chemo treatment and has made it through the toughest part--usually 3-4 days after is the worst. Horrible nausea and extreme pains were among the common symptoms. After her 2nd treatment (April 1st) is when the doctor's say she will lose her hair. I cannot believe that she is going through all of this, but what an example of faith and perseverance she has already demonstrated. She is awesome.






9 comments:
How touching...I'm seriously teary-eyed right now! I can tell just by looking at her in pictures that she is one special lady and strong!! She's in my prayers as well as you and Tyler. It has got to be hard on everyone. I have seen it with close family/friends myself. I am sorry that her and the family has to witness this, but what a blessing the gospel is to give us hope and faith. Love you Lynds!!
I can't imagine how hard this must be. You and Tyler are in our prayers. Love you guys!
Always in our prayers! Ty's mom also had cancer stage 4...she is doing fabulous and serving a mission. The world needs this women and it will all work out! Thoughts and prayers! On a lighter note, thanks for all the funny posts, you make our day!!
Hey... yeah, Kym's is private. Her email is kymeesue@hotmail.com. Brooke Carroll does the same to me. She used to not be private, then she told me to give her my address and it was too late. Now I don't know how to give it to her so I can be added. Do you have her email?? My email is kenzeejomullins@yahoo.com...thanks Lynds!
What an amazingly inspirational lady. Lynds, you have 2 of the most incredible women to call 'mom'. You're so lucky. I hope all is well and know that I thinking about you guys and praying that all works out. I love you guys so much but you already know that.
ps can't wait for you to come in june.
pps i love your institute tshirt.
xoxoxoxo
We are praying that all goes well. Love you guys.
Best of luck to your Mother-in-law, that is such a hard thing to undergo. She is lucky to have you as a daughter, that was a really sweet post.
I have to say that your list of foods you ate that day you seemed perfectly normal to me. And then it hit me that it SHOULDN'T be normal and that I SHOULD be amazed that someone would eat that way. But honestly that is my menu everyday, sounded good hahah, i wish i was kidding.
You are so cute in all your pictures and look as happy as ever. Just the way I remember you when I think of you all those years ago ;) !!
luv the new pic- life in the fast lane. so cute. thinking of you guys... as you know, hold to the gospel and all will be able to make it through this challenging time. love you.
Mom is a trooper that is for sure. You described her very well. She is a strong postive role model for us all.
Post a Comment