Thursday, April 1, 2010

TrAVel By TrAiN



Last weekend my parents and Grandpa came down for a visit. We thought it would be fun to ride the Heber Valley Railroad since my Grandpa worked for Union Pacific until he retired.

Cute Gramps in front of an old U.P. Engine



I couldn't help but wonder the whole ride what life was like back then--the days of travelling by train. Where getting somewhere took 2x longer, surrounded by passengers all around you, just the train and the tracks.


We saw some beautiful images - all sorts of wildlife. It is evident that it was a beautiful day.




The train had an "open" cart that you could venture out and enjoy some fresh air if you preferred.


The train was so old and historic. I loved the detail of the passenger cars.







We enjoyed the ride!

7 comments:

Jacob said...

ok so cute! i have always wanted to go do that, and what could be better than doing it with a couple of grandparents!!
loves to you two~
britto

Manda Jane Clawson said...

That looks like so much fun! How cute are your Grandparents? :)

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

Great pics! And I love your Grandpa! We will have to ride the train one of these days...I hear it is gorgeous in the fall!

Nate said...

Yeah glad you got to go!

Jessa said...

Your gramps is so adorable. I seriously love that guy. How fun for him to get to ride after all those years! Love you!

Kenzee Jo said...

How fun!! Love Heber area... so beautiful. My grandpa worked with the railroad too and drove them for quite awhile :)

The Peterson's said...

Fun I have always wanted to ride that train. Just never have. It is cute you took your grandpa!!