Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Day The Power Went Out...

Forgive me. I'm a little behind in my posting. I'm trying to catch up so this was actually about 2 weeks ago.


We all know that if anything is going to go wrong during the week, it's on a Monday.

I am living proof of this.


Case in Point:


Monday. April 12. Working away, things are going fine. All of a sudden everything goes black. I tried not to scream as I realized I couldn't see anything. Ok, I tried not to scream for excitement and the small possibility that we would get to go home early.

After 2 hours without power, they sent us home.


Kind of ironic that a 'power company' would be without power...right?


Tuesday when I arrive to work my computer looks like this:
*yes I took a picture so you would all believe me!
(Do you read what that says?!?! Houston we HAVE a problem)


Result: Crashed hard drive.

Why: Because power went out on a MONDAY.


Every day that week I spent in agonizing pain trying to get my computer back while I worked on a spare computer that kept playing tricks on me, like kicking me out of programs. Ugh.

The biggest pain was that our ridiculous IT guy (if you can even call him that) can't fix anything and has no sense of urgency whatsoever!

I could ramble on and on about the things I heard during his 'lecture' but let's be honest, none of us have 45 minutes to read my boring post.
Just had to vent.

1 comment:

Daphne A. Quist said...

OH My Ty had the same moment at his work a couple weeks ago! I'm gonna be ever so grateful for our IT guy(s) they are actually amazing! Glad they let you go home AFTER two hours :)