Wednesday, November 26, 2008
The Workplace
So, I just have to blog about this because it’s one of those things that I’m sure everyone can relate to, or at least I think so. There is this guy at work who is just a little odd. By odd I mean he makes it a point to talk to some of the younger girls here at work, for long periods of time, and about the most random and odd things. I, luckily have done my very best to avoid the most uncomfortable conversations and situations. Now, don’t get me wrong and think there’s sexual harassment at the workplace. No, that’s not the case. I feel so bad for the girl that sits on the other side of me who is constantly being distracted from her pile of work to do by the most cheesy comments like, “Where’s that smile? C’mon now, let’s see it! C’mon, crank it up!” I feel hesitant to share that his name is Bernie. Yes, Bernie. It’s like his parents were inspired by the Sesame Street characters, Bert and Ernie. I know, honey, let’s name him…. Bernie! Brilliant. I’d like to hear about your stories. You know there’s always one person who has to make you shiver or cringe at the workplace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Before I got brave and started my own biz, I worked in an office with 12 girls and 1 guy. Now he was not your ordinary guy. He was creepy beyond creepy. He had a big gut and short shirts. He always had nasty scum on his teeth. He talked really slow and molester-ish. He would stand behind me and just stare. Then he would shift legs and stare at the girl behind me. Just stare. For a long long time. It was soooo creepy!! He would also come up behind me and touch my shoulder, or back, or head, or whatever. As soon as I felt his hand on my body, I would jump cuz it gave me the jeepers so bad. One time he told me to call him so we could "talk". EW. He always asked if I wanted to go to lunch with him. I'd rather lick a squid. When I left that company I was not sad to say goodbye to him. He tried to give me a hug but I wouldn't let him. I didn't want his hands to wander anywhere they shouldn't. His name was not Bernie but I'm sure he's friends with him.
PS-I made my blog private. Email me your email address and I will invite you.
jenday14@hotmail.com
Is Bernie code for Ty? And is work code for home? Is Ty being creepy again?
Happy Thanksgiving to you guys too!
Post a Comment