Friday, August 13, 2010

Inappropriate Work Behavior

I haven't posted anything about the characters I work with lately.
A few things have happened a lot recently that I dedicate this post to:

Things that may not be appropriate to do at work.

The first one comes from our featured character I always blog about (you know, scanning nazi, bathroom blabber, etc). She was gone for about six weeks due to having both knees replaced (cheering in the background). Now, don't think I'm cold and heartless. I know this is a major surgery and having seen my dad go through the same thing, I know it's ridiculously painful as well. Moving on. So.... she returned not too long ago. Her cubicle is stationed in what I like to call the high traffic area at work. Everyone walks runs by her desk daily hoping not to get stopped and stuck to her web like an innocent fly waiting to be devoured by a talk-hungry spider.
So you're thinking, "What's inappropriate here?!"
Ladies and gentlemen: Please do NOT roll up your pants and show everyone your battle wounds.
Contrary to your belief, not everyone wants to see all your scars and bruises. If they did want to, I'm sure they would ask.

*****************************

Next, a certain fellow here makes me want to grab all blue-tooth headsets and smash them. I've never seen anyone on the phone so much that they find it necessary to keep talking while they use the bathroom. No, no, I do not follow him into the men's restroom. I do, however, have a cubicle that's situated in the hallway outside the men's lavatory.  If I hear you talking on your dumb headset as you walk into the restroom, a flush, and then talking as you exit, I'm going to assume the innocent soul on the other end heard more than they wanted to.
Ladies and gentlemen: Please do NOT talk to others as you use the restroom. I'm sure they would love it if you hang up and call them back.

******************************

Last in our series for today. If you are watching what you eat, I commend you. You most definitely have more will power than I will ever have. If you would only like 1/2 of something because of this, that is completely understandable. If you would just like a "taste" of something, it's probably still best to take the whole thing and throw the rest away or cut off a portion.
Ladies and gentlemen: Please do NOT take a bite out of half of a muffin and leave it with the rest of the muffins in the break room (please see Exhibit A).
I'm pretty sure no one will judge you for taking the other half. 

Exhibit A


I hope you have found this information helpful.

5 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

I especially do not want to see scars if they are on large, cottage cheese legs or thighs. Just saying...

The Peterson's said...

Some people are funny! The whole bathroom thing I think is the worst. But then again you could have the neighbors that I have. They both (man and woman) will leave their apt door open along with all the windows and walk around in their underwear! Did I mention they are also by the elevator so everyone has to walk by their place?

Daphne A. Quist said...

OMG! LOL! I can't believe how entertaining your work is! Sometimes I wish I could be a fly buzzing around!

Jacob said...

oh dear.

Cody and Camille said...

K for reals, where do you work?!? It sounds like clips from the best Office episode ever!