Thursday, August 19, 2010

1029 Reunion

I seriously LOVED my freshman year of college. I lived in the dorms on the 10th floor with several nursing students and we instantly became great friends. Most of us have stayed in touch all these years and I've always remained close to my roommate, Sherilyn.

I'm not going to lie, we were kind of out of control. That year we got written up twice. If you got written up three times, you were kicked out. We had the weirdest (actually mostly creepy) janitor on our floor named Herb. Sherilyn and I wrote a song about him and I wish I remembered all the lines.
She and I were complete opposites when it came to body temperature. I was always freezing and she was always warm. I'll never forget waking up to snow in our dorm room because we always had the window open with one of those insertable fans. It was like a mini-blizzard in our room.

Every time I think about freshman year I laugh so hard because we had so much fun!

Lucky for me, she came to town last week to visit.

With her family enjoying some delicious Olive Garden.
Thanks for the meal, Grant :)

This is how we are all the time. Laughing and being silly

GO COWBOYS!!!

4 comments:

Snidbits said...

Go Cowboys!! Glad that Herb isn't coming into my bathroom while showering anymore. I'll never forget the room freshener spray and the magazine either. Write up's. I think we owned them! Thanks for the friendship since freshman year! So good to see you.
Sherilyn

Snidbits said...

P.S.
Do you know how to layer?

To get on the internet you go and click on the "E".

Hate Norma

Brooke Carroll said...

SO FUN! She was one of my most favorite, favorite roommates. Yeah, it's about all we did too, was laugh and be silly :) Totally awesome. I wish I could have seen the both of you! I am so glad you had a good time.

*Morgan* said...

Oh my...I can't believe I forgot about Herb and the Herb song!!!