Thursday, August 12, 2010

Girls Camp

I survived!

The theme this year was SOS (which is a code for help) but each day SOS stood for something different:
Serve Our Savior
Sink Or Swim
Strengthen Our Standards

The first night a huge storm came in and drenched one tent. Ladies, this is why we come prepared and why we have the Priesthood. They were such a huge help up there. They kindly gave up their dry tent and sleeping bags and slept in their car. Bless them.

The rest of camp was filled with great moments learning camp certification, cooking amazing food (oh I love dutch oven), playing games, testimony meeting, and secret sister.

I loved being up there and reflecting on God's creations.


One of my favorite camp songs:

Walk Tall
Right now I have a prayer deep within my heart
A prayer for each of you there is a special part
That you remember who you are and He who lives above
Please seek for Him and live his way
You’ll feel His love.

Chorus:
Walk tall you’re a daughter, a child of God
Be strong please remember who you are
Try to understand, you’re part of His great plan
He’s closer than you know
Reach up, He’ll take your hand

Long before the time you can remember
Our Father held you in his arms so tender
Those loving arms released you as He sent you down to earth
He said, “My child, I love you
Don’t forget your great worth.”

(Chorus)
This life on earth we knew would not be easy.
At times we lose our way; His path we may not see
But please remember always, please that you are not alone
He’ll take your hand, He loves you
He’ll guide you home.

(Chorus)

5 comments:

Daphne A. Quist said...

I love that you really camped! I love real camping! Love the song too! Those little ladies are so lucky to have your fun self there! Glad it was great!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

oh what a fun IDEA!! Thanks for sharing lynds!

The Peterson's said...

I have always wanted to be a girls camp leader. Weird I know. But I am so glad that you had a good time!

Cheeseboy said...

Do you guys seriously hold like every calling in your entire ward?

Jacob said...

how cute! looks like a blast! im sure they all adored you! cant wait to be so close to you again! we miss it like crazy!!