Monday, May 10, 2010

Feeling Hot Hot Hot!

Arizona Trip
April 23-25

We were supposed to go to Spokane, WA to visit the Green's but due to some unfortunate circumstances, we had to cancel that trip {sad, sad day}.

We changed our flight to Phoenix, Arizona!

Time for some sun and relaxation.

Day 1:

-Tyler's Aunt Korey picked us up from the airport and took us to lunch.

-Tyler got the largest plate of nachos known to man. They don't call them volcano for nothin'.

-After checking into our hotel, we found a huge mall close by. Had to see how these Arizonians shop!
Quite possibly the cutest store front display I've seen...
-Later that evening we headed to Old Town Scottsdale. We walked around and enjoyed the cool atmosphere and slightly chilly desert night.

-Partook of some delicious food at Bandera (we highly recommend it)



Day 2:
-Off to the Desert Botanical Gardens to see all sorts of plant life that grows in the desert climate

A cactus in full bloom... quite lovely, I think.

-Naturally it was time for lunch. We wanted something authentic so we headed to Frank & Lupes. Taste buds were going crazy.

*Chicken poblano for the Mrs.


*Chimichanga for the Mr.

-----------

-We headed back to the hotel to lay by the pool

{maybe we got a little burned}

-Then we heard there was a Sprinkles Cupcakes close by.... off we went!

-We had to see the Mesa Temple while there too... just beautiful

-Saturday night we met up for dinner at Ah-Fo (Tepanyaki style restaurant) with one of Tyler's favorite mission companions & his sweet wife

-Nathan & MaryAnne Cook

Short trip, but had a GREAT time!

Phoenix, we shall return someday.

6 comments:

Jessa said...

Looks like such a great trip...and here you go, off to disney this week! Travel/party animals!!!
love you!
xoxo

Daphne A. Quist said...

I am soooo jealous! You guys always have the greatest trips! Sorry to hear you missed out on the pre-trip plan!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Looks like so much fun!!!

Doug and Marilyn said...

First of all...yes, that was a sad day. I'm still sad that we didn't get to hang out at that gorgeous lake front hotel. GRRRRRRRR!!!! BUT, this looks like a good alternative I suppose. Those nachos are somethin' else...good on ya Tyler :) We are in need of a good talk Lyndsay Loo. Hopefully we can do that tonight. I'll call ya! Love ya babe!

tutus n bowties said...

2 things I want...
Those Nachos
and
all those cowboy boats!!

The Peterson's said...

FUN! Your pictures brought me back to last year when I lived there! It is a good place!