Saturday, November 28, 2009

So Thankful

Tyler and I went to Green River to spend Thanksgiving at my parent's house. We had a wonderful time. I'm so blessed to have parents who support me and love me. The meal was delicious and although it was a short trip, it was still great.
My Grandpa is 81. I have to say he is the COOLEST Grandpa I know. Right now he has a new girlfriend and he thinks they are "two peas in a pod." It kind of felt like junior high all over again when he was telling us his stories about her. Pretty hilarious.

This is somewhat random, but while we were there I cleaned out the rest of stuff I had left behind when I went to college and got married. I spent hours reminiscing as I found old pictures, journals, love letters, mementos, dance stuff, cheerleading memorabilia, and things from my mission. All items made my Thanksgiving that more meaningful because I am so thankful for the events and people in my life who have shaped me into the person I am today.

Hope You All Had A Great Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Kris said...

WOO WOO! Im glad you had a great time. There's nothing like being home for the holidays.

Jessa said...

Can't to head up to GR this weekend and visit the family! Please make sure that Grandpa is there for at lease 5 minutes. I'm supposed to give him a hug for Troy. ha ha

Snidbits said...

Did you see Nutsy and ....? Oh I do hope they were being well taken of in Green River. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!! I wish I could see you "overboard Christmas decor"...maybe you should blog about it then I can virtually see them!! Haha!
Sherilyn

Jacob said...

oh my gosh that is too cute. wish i was there. sounds awesome, i wanna meet the two peas in the pod!so fun that you found all the old memorablia! i love doing that. ahh the good ole days...ps, i love your bangs!