Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Think I'm Ready


St. George Marathon

Date: Saturday, October 3, 2009
Place: St. George
Start Time: 6:45 am (I hope I'm awake)


Last night I finished downloading 31 songs to my Ipod. These songs are so great, I'm worried that mid-stride I will stop and bust a move before picking up the pace again.

I've put in all the long runs I can handle. This week I'm supposed to "taper." That's athlete's code for rest, hydrate, eat a lot of carbs (ok!).

At this point, I'm ready to get down there and finish the 26.2 miles of torture. If I'm still alive, I will let you all know how it goes. In the meantime, if you have any last-minute tips, do share!

10 comments:

Doug and Marilyn said...

LYNDS!!! You rock! Good luck girl. I do hope you wake up on time :):) Can't wait to hear about it, just wish I could be there with banners!

And girl, you better BUST A MOVE!

Doug and Marilyn said...

P.S. You totally have to get a clearplay. We love and I don't know how I could watch a movie without it now!

Jeanie Doll said...

You are gonna do great! I wish I could be there to dance for you on the sidelines as I am passing you water cups. LOL Email me a list of the playlist you made. I need to be getting my boogie on with the baby stroller once Sammy is born.

Kenzee Jo said...

My advice... PRAY :D hahha... kidding! GOOD LUCK! What a great thing you're doing!!

Nate said...

Are you crazy!? That's awesome though!! I think I could only do a half. That is my goal at least ;)

Regs said...

LYNDS! So close... I'm so proud of you. And so adore you. You are my hero. Can't wait to hear how it goes! (And you might as well bust a move and make it fun... We all know how distracting you are when you do that.) ;-)

Ash said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes, Lynds. Dance your way to the finish line. Good luck and be good to that knee if it gives you trouble.

Kris said...

you are ready. no doubt. it will be intense, but you'll push forward.

Jacob said...

i love it lynds!!! i can just see you dropping down and getting you eagle on at about mile 21 when everyone else is collapsing!!! go you my gena girl!!! it was so fun to see you guys the other night, and thanks again a ton for the adorable ornament! ive already put it up as a year round decoration! i love it. you are too cute! i cant wait till we see you guys again!!! its jacobs bday on oct 22 so we'll have a party here for that so hopefully you'll keep your schedule free you busy little people!! love you tons!

The Sammons Family said...

I can't wait to hear about your marathon!! You are AMAZING!!!!