
It's Wednesday. Already I feel that this week has been one thing after another. I need to rant for a few minutes. Here I go...
Monday:
Monday:
Wake up, all too prematurely. I could use a few more hours of sleep, please. I stumble to the bathroom, still in my pajamas. I undo my messy ponytail from the night before and start getting ready... mascara and all, only to realize I haven't even showered. No wonder why I felt so different today. Wow... let's try this a little differently.
Next, let's try leaving for work. I open up the garage and back out the car. I end up going on the grass. Any normal person would probably open up the garage door again and straighten out. Nope, not I. I somehow complete a 20-point turn on the concrete and get the entire car turned around to pull out of the driveway front-end first. Talent, folks.
Tuesday:
I've been nursing a hurt IT Band and knee from running a lot, preparing for the St. George marathon, about 2 weeks away. I've seen the doctor, gotten a cortisone shot, yadda yadda yadda. I am running. I feel great. After mile 9, the leg is feeling tight. I decide to do a little "kick" to shake out some tension. Bad idea. I hear and feel a crisp snap! Immediately I try to play it super cool since I'm at the gym and slow the treadmill down. One word: PAIN.
Do you ever have days where you just feel like you are in a rut? I do. I want myself back. I don't like this funk I'm in.

7 comments:
Aww Lynds I'm sorry!!! I hope things go better for you the rest of the week and you start feeling better for that marathon this month! *Hugs!*
OH NO LYNDS!!!! CAN I COME BRING YOU ICE??? A CUPCAKE?
You know what may not help at all but is still my suggestion...eat something sweet! LOL
I think we all have those days...chin chin up as "Charlette" would say!
Ker
I hear ya. Hope your knee and IT band gets to feelin' better! All I can suggest is a nice, relaxing massage. :)
Yikes!! Sorry about your knee!! Does not sound good. I did that while playing basketball in high school... I hope things get better soon and this rut will go away!
dearest lynds,
how is it possible that on the very same day that i post about being a "rut" and wanting myself back, i then proceed to read about your "rut" and then randomly receive a pleasantly sweet and sincere text from you. you've made my day and I hope we both get back to our old selves.
xoxo
Post a Comment