Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Everyone Should Wear One Of These To Work...

Yes, it is another work story. Guess who it is about?! Does Bathroom Blabber or Scanning Nazi ring a bell?? She was gone for three weeks due to knee surgery. Everyone at work celebrated. We even wore Hawaiian shirts every day to show our good moods and cheerful countenances. Then, the day came when she came back...(at this point imagine the duhh duhh duh that means something bad happens in a cartoon). I don't think I've ever laughed inside and out when she made her grand appearance wearing:

A FANNY PACK!!!

Yes, that's right. The most ridiculous accessory we all remember from the 80's. She wore it in style. She was proud. She packed everything her purse would hold in her pack. It fit nice and snug around her hips. She was one cool gal for the day. I can't blame her though. It sure is convenient having everything you need right there. It beats a sore shoulder and having to use an arm to carry a purse.
Ode to Fanny Packs:



The Rastafarian


The Pooch (Fanny) Pack - Sure don't want to use those arm muscles putting the little guy on a leash!
And the most fashionable fanny pack wearer I know.....

Hulk Hogan

7 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Blech! I hate fanny packs! There is a trainer at my work who always wears really nice suits and a FANNY PACK!!! UGH!! To make things worse he wears his Blackberry on one of the straps to the side and a Palm Pilot on the other.... wow

Cheeseboy said...

I feel like this woman is becoming a part of my life. I feel closer and closer to her as time goes on. If I only knew her name???

Jeanie Doll said...

I can somewhat support the pooch pack. I can excuse the Hulkster because he just refuses to leave the decade of his glory days behind. Other than that it is really only acceptable at theme parks for those people who get all decked out with the sunvisors and mouse ears...casue that is just precious!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

You are halarious!

Shannon said...

OMG! Hilarious! I'm so going to buy one tomorrow and sport it at work. I want to be "that" girl =) Thanks for the laugh!

Jaimin said...

Why do they call it a "fanny pack" if you wear it in the front? They should call it a "crotch bucket". I guess then people wouldn't be so apt to buy one... Too funny though. I had a cool fluorescent green one back in the day. :)

Kris said...

HA HA HA... Linds, I love your stories and i am so glad i get to hear them in person now. i love love love it.