Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Who Ate My Food?!?


You've heard my stories about the Bathroom Blabber, the Scanning Nazi, and the Fanny Pack Fashionista. What I have neglected to mention for far too long is her control over items that are placed in the fridges in the break room. Every item is clearly labeled, "Keep Out" as if someone would plan on trespassing.... or, "Don't touch! This belongs to (name inserted here)." Today was a typical Tuesday -- or so I thought.
Yesterday (she) had made a lovely jell-o dessert, divided out pieces and put the remainder in the fridge - labeled of course with her standard written warning. Today (she) had planned on eating what was left for breakfast until (she) noticed it was gone! Vanished! Missing! All but remained were crumbs of her jell-o masterpiece.

Then the drama began.

Like a police chase for a suspect, (she) was out to find the thief. (She) publicly stated her opinion, letting many co-workers aware of the incident. It was even suggested by her that an announcement be made over the PA system at work that no one is to eat anyone's food but their own!
Me finding humor in everything (and hearing all the complaining) had to get in on the chase. That's when I discovered this note attached to the first note placed on the dish in the fridge:


That's right. Thanks for stealing... whoever you are.

10 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Okay that is a great story. However, I have to tell you one of my famous life rules:

NEVER eat jello made by a fanny pack wearer.

Regs said...

I love your stories. I so wish we could have dinner at Guru's over amazing food and laugh... Ahhh I miss you, dear friend. Loves!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

lol! Wow that is freaking awesome :) I will have to agree though with the commment by "cheeseboy" tho ha ha!

Thanks for bringing me dinner last night, it was so yummy! Love you guys!

Doug and Marilyn said...

Classic! Just when I think she has reached her limit...there she goes again!!

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

This could be a great newspaper column...you know this, right? We are all thinkin' it. I am just sayin' it! :)

Unknown said...

The least you could do is come clean and tell her it was you who ate it. Shame on you, Pooh.

Shannon said...

totally laughing out loud! this lady is a riot!! I wish I could come to work with you for a day just to be in her presence.

...keep the stories coming!

Daphne A. Quist said...

LOL! I was belly laughing! Holy wow! I agree with Abe...who wears fanny packs anymore anyway, I thought they were done away with! You should pretend it was you and see her reaction!

Kris said...

IZZIE DID IT! Ha! That is awesome. Sure did have a good time this weekend with you and Tyler, but then again, who couldn't have a blast with you guys?!

Young Family Adventures said...

I am so laughing right now too & about to fall on the floor!! If nothing else - at least your work has entertainment (as long as you don't have to be part of it!) I do agree with Ryan & Kelli... this would make a great newspaper column & I think a many,many would tune in every day to see what happens!!! (I like the way you handle & cope with it!! I am sure it makes it a lot less stressful & miserable!!) Keep it up!!