Thursday, August 13, 2009

Another Mass Update (Sorry)

First, we joined the posse for a super fun weekend of camping up in the mountains near Elsinore, Utah. We rode 4-Wheelers, shot all sorts of guns, ate double our weight in food, Drove on crazy trails with huge rocks (bad idea), and sat around the camp fire till late.

The Group

The Boys Shooting

4-Wheeling! Friends Nicole & Terry

(After 4-Wheeling... Do you see that dirt!!?!)

driving on ridiculous trails... this picture does not even do justice of these crazy rocks we went over. Many prayers were said in hopes we would make it back without a flat tire.

____________________________________________________
The next week our friend John from South Carolina was in Utah so we got to spend time with him (he's like a little bro). The Green's came to visit as well. Allie is growing so fast and we can only hope our kids will be as half as cute as her. We loved having them stay with us so we could chat, go to Yogurt Stop and play games. Their visit went by way too fast! (Miss you lots guys!)


Way Too Cute


Sorry, it's a bad picture - the sun is totally in your faces!

______________________________________________

On August 8th, Lyndsay braved the Provo River 1/2 Marathon. It was an amazing run. For 13 miles it took her 2:01:38. She did great & ran the whole way. Only problem -- sore as heck for the next 3 days! (St. George Marathon is next!!)

Lynds a little tired after the race ~ The huge gathering of people at the finish

9 comments:

Regs said...

I so love you guys and miss you. And Lynds... You look amazing. SO impressed you're doing the St. George marathon. Maybe I should train for a marathon too, then we could run in one together!

Kassie, Aaron and Boys said...

It looks like you have been having such great summer! It sounds like you did great on your 1/2 marathon, and good luck on our full. I'm so happy to see that life is treating you so well!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Wow you guys have been crazy busy!!! GREAT job doing the marathon!!! You rock :) Can't wait to play this weekend yay!!

Jessa said...

I just love you guys! Lynds, you'ver really inspired me to start becoming a runner like you. How in the world do you do it????

miss you

xoxo

Kris said...

so proud of you girl and your ambition to meet your goals... and for making the bus!

Ash said...

Nice work on the 1/2 marathon. Great time. Love the pic of you post four-wheeling. Looks like this summer is treating you well.

Snidbits said...

Luke did the St. George Marathon. If you want any tips he'll give you some. Like vasoline between thighs, good socks, and uphill for like half the way and downhill for the other. Good for you girl! Such an inspiration!! Go lynds...I'll watch your progress from here ok?!!
Sherilyn

Cheeseboy said...

When I saw the title of this post, I thought you guys had gone Catholic.

Brenna said...

Lynds can you teach me how to run, or rather how to love to run? I'm supposed to train for the Ragnar next year and dont' have the slightest idea where to start or how to get over my psychological hate of running!

We need to hang out with you guys sometime....I'm pretty sure we could be good friends, plus our husbands already like each other, so that makes it easy!