Thursday, October 22, 2009

At The Laundromat

Task: Wash our comforter that is too big to fit in our machine at home
Time: Wash and dry = approx. 1 hour

Yesterday after work, I run home and grab the comforter and head down to the closest laundromat, Village Coin (has a nice ring, doesn't it!?).

I shove the comforter in the washer and find a nice spot to sit and wait.

I observe the scene... seems pretty normal...

AND THEN...

Latino kids are running around, even thinking it's funny to spit their M&M's out of their mouths. Hello?! You are wasting perfectly good chocolate!

Within five minutes, I'm not only listening to the suave Ricky Martin blaring as loud as the TV could go, but watching his ultra-cheesy music video.

Next, some little girl finds some type of bug and decides to come show me, only to watch her throw it up in the air and catch it - over and over again. Pretty sure that bug didn't live long after I saw it.

I start to panic as I see the same Latino kids run outside, while their mother is oblivious to the situation and is paying more attention to the laundry. I am watching, hoping nothing happens- like one darting out into the road.

Then I look to my right and see someone fiddling with the vending machines. Is that a little kid?! Wait, what? Oh my goodness... it's a Polynesian little person (aka: midget). Whoa! Trying not to stare because I've never seen one before, I can't help but notice her hand reaching in the machine. Is she trying to steal?

Luckily, my friend Jess calls and gets me through the last 15 minutes while I wait for the dryer. Who would have ever thought Village Coin would be so entertaining? All that in an hour - take me home PLEASE!

6 comments:

Jeanie Doll said...

I liken laundry mats to public transportation or a trailor park. They always seem normal but you can never predict what kind of interesting experiences you are going to have. I almost never come out of one without a story! lol

Manda Jane Clawson said...

ha ha! That was an awesome post! lol

Snidbits said...

I was just sitting here playing my guitar when you left a comment. I haven't hardly picked it up since I was married. Luke and I played together a few times but not in the last year. It makes me think of you when you'd walk in on me while I was playing. I didn't get made fun of near as much as when I was napping with the deoderant or the hanger!!. Good good times!! I wish those haloween pis were digital so I could post those 1029 haloween days! They were good ones! I love the laundry mat story...oh so true. I think I wouldn't go to the laundry mat here unless Luke went too.
Happy Halloween. Good to hear from you girl

tutus n bowties said...

That story just made my day. Thanks for sharing!

Daphne A. Quist said...

Oh lynds! I work with many Latino's and this didn't surprise me a bit! They keep be constantyly guessing what adventure they'll come up with next! LOL! Wasted chocolate! :)

Jessa said...

bahahahahahahaha
bahahahahahahahahahahaha
bahahahahahahaha
bahahahahahahahahahahaha
bahahahahahahahah

xoxo