
Just to preface this post: I am sorry that it is another post about the workplace. However, when you spend a lot of time somewhere, your work encompasses much of your life & the humorous or disturbing stories that come with it.
Many of you have to remember my post about the "Bathroom Blabber." Well, a few of us around the office have found out that she also has a second title known to me as, "THE SCANNING NAZI!"
Props to my work for being more environmentally friendly and scanning in our documents so they are available electronically; however, this has become quite the ordeal for the Scanning Nazi.
Scenario:
Once I turn in a bill to accounting, it then gets processed and the former "BB" gets to also scan it in the system.
2 hours later...
Ring! Ring! (Oh no, it's someone from the scanning room calling...crap!)
Me: Hello
SN: I can't see this! It's not dark enough! It's all blurry! I need you to bring me another copy! I have to have it clear so that it's easy to see on the screen.
Me: Sure, no problem. I'll bring one down.
20 minutes later...
I finish my scanning lecture (remember, she is also the Bathroom Blabber and can talk) and assure myself I will not face the wrath of the Nazi again.
The very next day...
Ring! Ring! (What? Again? The scanning room?...hesitate...hesitate... ahh)
Me: Hello
SN: I have to have another copy of this document. Are you sure it's black ink? Can you make it bigger?....... (still talking but now I've tuned her out and put in my Ipod earphones)
Me: Ok. Got it.
I don't think any of you realize how crazy she is about her scans. This post is not doing justice. I never thought a small machine (the scanner) combined with the Nazi could be so controlling and manipulative. "Darker! Clearer! Bigger!"
...And the fight to have the "perfect scan" continues....

5 comments:
Lynds,
Come work for me. That will solve your BB and scanning problems. I will not interrupt your bathroom time. I will not require scans, faxes, copies, or handwriting to be perfect. I will, however, require at least 1 hour of craft time a day, 1 good joke a day, 1 princess story a day, and a weekly trip to Scone Cutters. Sound good? Great. You're hired. :)
Lynds - We should rename your blog "Lyndsay and the Great Adventures of Blabber Nazi."
I'll fax you a copy of the new blog plans right away. Can you come over and make sure it is dark enough?
By the way, doesn't your work know that faxes are soooo 2001! You know, they have these things called "Scan and Email"? I'll talk to Brent. He can look into it for you.
Vote for Norman Gentle!
Cheeseboy -
Scanning IS the issue here. She is obsessed with that scanner!
Oh, I guess I am a moron. I thought you were talking about the fax machine lady. I probably should have actually read the post before commenting, huh.
Oh girl I just love your work stories. What I would do to meet this woman. haha. Seriously though Lynds, get it right!! Love ya
Post a Comment