Christmas this year was a little different than we had planned. Tyler & I were so excited to be leaving Christmas Eve to drive up to Wyoming to spend the weekend with my family. Around 11:00am on Tuesday, the 23rd, I get a call from my Mom telling me that my dad had a heart attack an hour ago and that he will be life-flighted down to SLC. Stunned, I couldn't believe that this was happening again. Eight years ago my dad had a series of three heart attacks and a five-way bypass. This time they put two stints in and that seemed to break up all the clotting that caused the heart attack. I was so scared! We learned a great lesson this Christmas as we sat in his hospital room Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The Holidays are about family and being together. The presents do not matter. What matters most is that we have each other. Luckily, he seems to be doing okay now and we hope for no more heart attacks! Thank you for all of your prayers & acts of kindness that week.

An Ugly Christmas Sweater Party









9 comments:
I hope your dad is ok!! He is in our prayers...
Ker
Tommy and Brent are both in trouble. We were home this weekend and my dad came home and said, "Hey, I just saw Tom at McDonalds." Brent said he looked good; I hope he is feeling better. You won the sweater contest, didn't you? Loves.
I hope your dad is doing well I didn't knnow till I just read your blog. I hope you still had a merry christmas and your family is in our prayers.
Dang it, Pooh, why did you have to put that picture of us up? Now everybody will look at your blog and say, "Oh look, there's Lyndsay's brother, the creepy lunatic...."
LOVE THE CHRISTMAS SWEATERS AND SWEAT SHIRTS!! haha-- too funny. Sorry about your dad. I did hear about it the other day and just know you and your family are in my prayers.
Love the ugly sweaters and the crowns. You guys crack me up! Thanks for the new pictures on here...I miss ya lots. Tell Ty, mom and dad hi!
P.S.
Dear Lyndsay,
Thanks for your letter. It really made my lifetime. I hate getting my hair pulled up into a ponytail. I do like to squirm and wiggle so maybe mom will just give up. But I guess there's a price to pay to be so beautiful. When are you going to come and visit me?
Love,
Allie June
Linds... I just love you so much. I hope all is well with your father. Times like that really make us count our blessings and grow that much closer together. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Ugh... Anyway, miss you and see you soon hopefully! ;)
I was just thinking, you should get a cat. A little Muffy junior. I think that would be sweet. You can name him Stewart if he's a boy or Tiramisu if she's a girl. Just a thought.
Ashley. Great idea... if you have loads of allergy medicine on hand. Remember me waking up with big, puffy eyes all the time because I am allergic?! The allergies have only gotten worse too.
Post a Comment