Friday, August 15, 2008

~The Bahamas~

After such a great time in Florida, we boarded the Discovery Sun ship and sailed to Grand Bahama Island. Our first day we went to a beach and relaxed, then walked around a bit by our hotel. The second day we went snorkling in the ocean and saw bright and colorful fish and reefs. The third day was probably my favorite because we swam with dolpins, which are very intelligent! The last day we took a tour of the island that included the Garden of the Groves and was very informative about the Bahamas. The pictures are only a glimpse of all the fun we had and things we did.... Bahamian Money- Really Interesting

Tyler on a private beach we went to. This wasn't our favorite compared to all the others because it had lots of grass and seaweed washed on shore.


I'm super excited of the conch shells I found in the ocean!

Renting the scooters were both fun and scary!! They drive on the left side of the road there.

After we saw with the dolphins, we saw this cool parrot.


Beep! Beep! Lyndsay is driving.....Watch out!

Time at the beach.... I could do this every day!

Beautiful sunsets -- Amazing!



Bahama Papa & Bahama Mama

Some of our shells we collected at Xanadu Beach


Garden of the Groves







Fruity drinks were tasty!



The last day we were there it rained and flooded the streets!

The Marketplace - Port Lucaya. All sorts of interesting jewelry, shells, hand-carved items, etc. These shops are super little.

2 comments:

Jaimin said...

Look at your little ballerina pointed toes. Too cute. :) I'm a wee jealous of that vacation...;)

Jeanie Doll said...

Ok I didn't know which one to comment on but it looks like you guys had a blast! I was thinking I wish Sam and I could vacation with you guys. Then I pictured you and me getting throw in some foreign jail...cause you know we'd get in some kind of trouble. I guess the Lord knows what he's doing moving me out here to Cali. lol