Three years ago today, my wonderful husband asked me to marry him.
Saying that little three-letter word "YES!" Was the best decision ever.
For my own purposes, here is our engagement story....
For my own purposes, here is our engagement story....
(Grab your popcorn)
From that very first night we hung out I knew something was incredibly different about this guy. The conversation, the way I felt with him, even the way I felt when we said goodbye. Everything moved very quick-which I was adamant would not happen...but it did. After two weeks Ty told me he loved me and although I didn't say it back, I pretty much knew I loved him too.
So back to the beginning-- the first weekend we had been dating he went camping and I went to the mall with my friends. That particular mall we went to one of my best friend's brother just so happened to manage a jewelry store. I told my friends I had to say hello to him and told them I'd catch up. As any jeweler would do, he pulls out some of his finest. There it was! This beautiful ring that I instantly fell in love with. So, when Tyler and I actually did start talking serious about marriage and he asked about a ring, I made that part very easy for him. In fact, I was with him when he paid for it but it had to be sized so it was still a mystery to me when I would be officially proposed to.
From that very first night we hung out I knew something was incredibly different about this guy. The conversation, the way I felt with him, even the way I felt when we said goodbye. Everything moved very quick-which I was adamant would not happen...but it did. After two weeks Ty told me he loved me and although I didn't say it back, I pretty much knew I loved him too.
So back to the beginning-- the first weekend we had been dating he went camping and I went to the mall with my friends. That particular mall we went to one of my best friend's brother just so happened to manage a jewelry store. I told my friends I had to say hello to him and told them I'd catch up. As any jeweler would do, he pulls out some of his finest. There it was! This beautiful ring that I instantly fell in love with. So, when Tyler and I actually did start talking serious about marriage and he asked about a ring, I made that part very easy for him. In fact, I was with him when he paid for it but it had to be sized so it was still a mystery to me when I would be officially proposed to.
(the girls at the mall that weekend)
I had an inkling it was going to happen on a particular Friday. Tyler told me he wanted just the two of us to go out on a date. I remember trying to work that day with a large amount of butterflies in my stomach. I was trying not to get my hopes up, but was thrilled at the possibility that something amazing was about to happen. I got home from work and freshened up as fast as I could. Within minutes the doorbell rang and there Ty was holding a dozen roses. Again, I was trying not to get my hopes up because it wasn't the first time this lad had brought me flowers. As we left the apartment, my two roommates, Jess & Bridget had the biggest grins on their faces. "Okay, something is up" I thought. Tyler wanted to go to dinner at P.F. Chang's, which was one of our favorites---AND where we ate on our first date. When we got there it was packed. Luckily, some nice couple gave us their reservation and we sat outside on a bench talking to pass the time. All of a sudden, Tyler says, "Okay, I can't handle this anymore! Lynds, will you marry me?!" In shock, I looked up to find him already down on one knee with that ring of mine. Of course I said "YES!" But then quickly urged him back up so we didn't cause a scene. Ty was so antsy to pop the question that he didn't even get to do what he wanted. He had wanted to re-do everything we did on our first date and end it with the proposal.
It was so simple and sweet and nothing like I ever expected but when you know that's the person you're supposed to marry, I guess you don't need a huge production.
Well, here's to Eternity!!! Three years later and still going strong!
(the night we got engaged)



6 comments:
what a perfect story for such a cute couple -- I love it!
Aww :) That is so sweet!!! I love it!
Yes! I am a part of this story! Whoo hoo! I was at the mall! LOL Didn't we actually bump into you guys at PF Chang's? I remember the huge freaking smile on your face! Good memory!
Awwe! So cute. I love the story! Especially the part where there was just way too much excitment and so it was just blurted out of his love strucken mouth!
i love this story
I remember when this happened! I just love you two love-birds! :)
Post a Comment