We told G&G McCullough back in February, knowing that we wanted to tell them in person and the fact that we wouldn't be seeing them until later in April.
Because my Mom is so festive and always gets us little gifts for each holiday, we knew that we could disguise our "holiday gift" to them by placing a onesie in a Valentine's gift bag. When my Mom exclaimed, "Here's your little Valentine treat!" it was easy for us to say, "Oh, we have something for you, too!"
So we opened their surprise and then handed them each their bag. For my Dad, his onesie was brown and gold (GO POKES!) and said, "Grandpa's Sidekick." For my Mom, it read, "Giggles For Grandma." At first my Dad was so confused as he pulled his out. In fact his first words were, "What is this? This isn't going to fit..." Then my Mom pulled out her item and stared at it, looked at me while I said, "We're pregnant!" and then she SCREAMED and jumped up and down. It was pretty awesome.
They are already so excited since this is their first grandchild on my side of the family.
With G&G Gardner we had this silly idea that I would call them in a panic that I had a big presentation the next day and our computer still wasn't working so we needed their help. Ty's Dad totally bought it, being the wonderful, kind man he is and said, "Sure, come on over!" So we took the disc with our first ultrasound pictures on it and had him load it on the computer. It went straight to a slide-show displaying our little baby. His Dad stared at the screen, confused as to what presentation I was really doing - and then when his Mom got a glance of what the screen was showing she got so excited. They were both so happy even though this will be their seventh grandchild. Ty's parents are already fantastic grandparents and love all their grandkids a lot.
I can't wait to see how adorable all Grandparents are with Baby G.
We are blessed.
We are blessed.

6 comments:
We did the same thing for my parents since it is their first grandbaby too :)
You did such cute ideas for announcing this!!! :D Loved reading this and SOOOOOO excited for you(I know, I've already said that) :D
Cute! Congrats!!!:)
I got a court order that said "Stay away from our kid"....
This was sooo sweet! Loved it!
So happy for you guys! I can't wait to see that sweet baby. Your mom and dad are such cuties! I am very excited for you guys, it is such an amazing thing to have a child :-D
Post a Comment