Last week was hard. We said goodbye to Tyler's sweet Grandma, Lillian. She had a very extreme stroke and passed away on July 27. She was such a wonderful woman. I don't think I can adequately describe all the great things about her, but some things that were said at her lovely funeral service included:
-She gave the best hugs
-She had a radiant smile, and her eyes were beautiful
-Her home was always clean and tidy, with fresh flowers from the garden
-Her favorite word was Shit (that makes me laugh)
-She was spunky and full of life
-She loved singing and dancing while cleaning the house listening to Elvis Presley and Credence Clearwater Revival
-You always knew she loved you
-She took pride in her appearance, spending hours ironing and pressing clothes
-She loved attending the temple
-She hated gossip and didn't allow it in her home
Although those are just a few of the things I distinctly remember, they are wonderful characteristics and why Tyler and I feel so honored that we get to name our baby girl after her and my grandma.
She will be missed!
We love you, Grandma Lillian!


3 comments:
What a sweet post :) So many happy memories! I love that you are naming your baby after the grandma's.
What a beautiful name. I am sorry to hear about her passing, but so glad you have so many great memories! Hope you are feeling good, woman. I can't wait to see your beautiful baby pictures ;-)
Sorry to hear about this... but what a sweet thing to have memories that make us smile. Loved her favorite word! hahah.. I love what you are naming your baby too!!
Post a Comment