First off, I think I changed the title of this post at least ten times. I could not adequately describe the words I was going to write, so instead I settled on "wow."
Wow, what a year it has been. I have been serving as Relief Society President of our ward for the last twelve months. Who ever thought that a crazy woman like me would be called into a bishop's office to be asked to serve with all her might, mind, and strength in such a capacity? I remember having no clue that this call was coming, which is somewhat odd because in the past I've always had impressions come to me that change was around the corner. Yet, this time I was completely thrown off guard during that meeting. When our bishop said those three words, "Relief Society President" I remember: 1) My mouth gaping wide open, and 2) Instantly crying. I've never felt so overwhelmed before.
What 26-year-old gets called as RSP in a family ward where her and her husband are one of the youngest couples? Oh, that's right... a 26-year-old that has a LOT to learn.
And boy, have I learned a LOT.
I have learned so much about the people in our ward, as well as myself. For all of those reading this, let me remind you that there will be many times in life when you feel completely inadequate or incapable; however, there is a marvelous strength within all of us to solve problems and tackle the task when it seems impossible. I can honestly say that we are all instruments in the Lord's hands. I have learned that some days you will be the answer to someones pleading prayer, and in return someone will answer yours.
This last year has been full of frustrating moments as well as moments of pure joy. I am beyond grateful to have this opportunity to learn and grow. There are people that I have grown to love as family and they have forever touched my heart. I know that I am not doing the best job, and certainly there is more to learn and do, but for the time being I wanted to reflect on how much I have loved being in a position where I get to serve every day for the last year.
God is good.

3 comments:
You are amazing and totally perfect for this calling :) When it was announced in sacrament meeting there were lots of gasps and wide eyes but Scott and I looked at each other with big smiles and both said "That fits." It didn't surprise us at all especially after I crashed my car a few months before and that night you ran over bringing us dinner so I didn't have to worry about it that on top of everything else. There are few GOOD people through and through and you are one of them!!
you're wonderful. everyone feels inadoquate. that comes with humility. i'm sure that if you asked each of the sisters in your ward, they would each say how thankful they are for you love and support. you're doing the best job you can, don't sell yourself short.
love you lynds.
xoxo
Beautfiul testimony Lynds. You are such a strength and light to all around you. I love you!
Post a Comment